The bottom line is that it takes just a few low-maintenance, but targeted, skin care steps for a man to have healthy and attractive skin that looks well groomed and youthful.
Men's Acne Skin Care Basic Regimen
1. Facial Cleansing
Perform the cleansing steps after shaving in the morning. Depending on your skin type, twice a day use one of the following skin cleansers with a Clarisonic Brush or Buf-Puf Facial Sponge for your thicker and rougher facial skin.
- Normal Skin with Little to No Acne: Glytone Mild Gel Wash
- Mild to Moderate Acne: Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser
- Moderate to Severe Acne: Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cleanser (Remember, benzoyl peroxide will bleach colored fabric such as your pillo cases, t-shirts, etc.)
"I love Dr Baileys products and her generous educational support..." "My favorite is the Acne Cleansing lotion which I use with a BufPuf. This has replaced the Rx that I used for many years but was expensive and was discontinued. Before I found this product I tried many products with little beads which on occasion actually caused a pore blockage and in the end has been found to be bad for the environment. I have had so much better results with the Acne cleansing lotion."
2. Product Application
AM: Apply a moisturizing sunscreen that is light and will not aggravate your acne. Dr. Bailey recommends Elta Clear SPF 46 for men as well as her husband!
PM: Use therapeutic products that target clogged pores and acne. Additionally, these products can be applied under your sunscreen during the day.
- Normal to Dry Skin: Dr. Bailey Skin Care Glycolic Acid Face Cream
- Normal to Slighly Oily Skin: Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2
- Oily Skin or Large Blackheads: Salicyclic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads
- Active Acne: Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream
Men's Acne Skin Care Bottom LineDr. Bailey's men's acne skin care regimen creates a simple skin care regimen without to much fuss and is easy to maintain. Lets us know in the comments below how Dr. Bailey's acne skin care tips works for you or what other acne skin care products you use. If you would like to read Dr. Bailey's in depth blog on this subject, click here.
Thanks for Sharing and Your Comments and Questions
If you have found these men's skin care tips helpful, please show your thanks by commenting on, sharing, liking, adding to Google+, tweeting, and pinning this post with friends and family. You can do this by using the social sharing buttons above and below this blog post.
Photo attribution: Thanks and gratitude to © Roy McMahon/Corbis