By Cynthia Bailey MD.
We appreciate your business. At Dr. Bailey Skin Care we know that many of our customers have sensitive skin and tricky complexions. Dr. Bailey provides extensive educational information to help you deepen your understanding of skin problems that may be relevant to your skin health. She hopes that her products help you as you work towards this goal. She also knows that it is inherently a 'trial and error' process.
Please note that we have a very limited return policy because we know that many customers are working with challenging skin problems. We also cannot restock returned goods. For this reason, we must maintain a policy that “all sales are final” and we can not accept returns. Stated another way,
All of our skin care products are non-refundable unless we shipped you the wrong product relative to your order or if the container of the product was defective when manufactured. Make up brushes are also non-refundable.
To help you achieve success with your product choices:
1. Please read product instructions.
Prior to using our products, please ensure that you have read and understand all the directions on the product label and on our website so that you will be able to use and apply the product correctly. We find that the majority of skin reactions that occur are caused by misunderstanding the proper use of these powerful professional products.
2. Be sure to start your professional product routine at the lowest strength available.
Always begin using a new professional ingredient at the lowest level available and work up in strength as you understand how your skin is responding. We call this starting ‘low and slow’. It’s important with professional skin care products.
Know that many of the best professional ingredients condition skin gradually and this takes time. Dr. Bailey analogizes it to beginning a weight lifting program where you begin with lower weights and increase as your muscles build strength. The skin responds to professional ingredients such as glycolic acid and retinol in the same way. Potentially irritating ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide also have a threshold for irritancy for each unique complexion so starting ‘slow and low’ is prudent.
How do we handle products that are damaged or lost in shipping?
Products that are damaged or lost by shipping carriers are the responsibility of the shipping carrier not Dr. Bailey Skin Care, LLC.
Shipping carriers do an excellent job delivering packages almost all of the time – but not always. We have control over how we handle and pack your package here in our warehouse and your products are packed personally by us with great care. We then deliver them to UPS or USPS. After they leave our hands, we no longer have control over the shipping process. If one of these carriers has damaged your shipment, please contact them directly using the tracking information you received from us after placing your order.
Contact us immediately if you received a defective product.
The most common concern is with product pumps. The two most common, and easily fixed, issues with product pumps include:
- Many of the pumps need to be turned to unlock.
- Product pumps sometimes need priming!
Is the product's pump really not working?
A number of our products (Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy™, Retinol Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream™, Retinol Ultra-Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream™, Advanced Corrective Eye Cream™) use a sophisticated air-tight pump technology to ensure that your product ingredients stay active, and to prevent contamination. These pumps can be finicky and sometimes need a little finesse to prime the pumping mechanism for the first time. If you are having trouble using a product with a pump please try the following steps before contacting us:
- Shake the product
- Place a towel on a firm surface
- Turn the product upside down and gently tap on the towel with the lid on
- Pump several times
Products dispensed in the more traditional pumps can be fussy too, and may need to be "primed". To do this, ensure that the pump is rotated to the "open" position. Holding the bottle upright, give the bottle a shake downward to be sure that the cream or lotion is sitting in the base/bottom of the bottle without airspace. Then depress the pump many times until the pump is sufficiently "primed" with the cream/lotion. At this point the pump should function properly and the cream/lotion should flow normally from the pump dispenser.
- If you believe your product container has a manufacture’s defect or if we shipped you a product that you didn't order, contact us at Support (at) drbaileyskincare.com or call 1-707-829-5780 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 1:30 to 4pm PST to obtain a return authorization number within 14 days of shipment. Explain your reason for requesting a return. Return acceptance is at the sole discretion of Dr. Bailey Skin Care. If Dr. Bailey Skin Care consents to the return, a representative will provide a return authorization number. It is mandatory that the return authorization number be clearly marked on the outside of the packaging. Any returns sent without the return authorization number clearly marked on the outside of the packaging will not be accepted or opened. NO returns will be considered more than 14 days after shipment.
- The returned items must contain all of their original amount of product and include all parts, pieces, and printed material to be eligible for a refund. If the returned item does not contain these required items, then, notwithstanding any prior authorization number, the return will be rejected.
- If the product is part of a kit, the refund will be determined by subtracting the individual product retail price of the non-defective items that you retain.
- To ensure that your returns are received by Dr. Bailey Skin Care, LLC, please make sure to add insurance to your parcel through your mail delivery service. Lost shipments are your responsibility.
- Shipping and handling costs are your responsibility and will not be reimbursed – only the product cost paid for authorized returns (less the return fee) is refunded.
- Allow 2 weeks for us to process your return once we receive your returned items
Valid promotional codes must be used at time the order is placed and can not be applied after an order has been submitted. Dr. Bailey Skin Care, LLC reserves the right to change or discontinue coupon codes and their related discount at their sole discretion at any time.
Cancelling an Order
If you would like to cancel or change an order that you've just placed, please call 1-707-829-5780 Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 1:30 to 4pm PST, or email us at Support (at) drbaileyskincare.com as soon as possible. We will try to accommodate your request; however, orders for items that have already been shipped cannot be cancelled.