Pityrosporum Folliculitis Kit
Get Rid of Face and Body Acne!
My medical-grade Pityrosporum Folliculitis Kit helps prevent and treat 'fungal acne' on both your face and body. This type of acne is more common than you think and it's different than acne vulgaris (common acne); treatment needs to take into account the little yeast that plays such a big role in this skin problem.
This Pityrosporum Folliculitis Kit takes the guess work out of your acne treatment and contains 5 important products:
- Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser
- Calming Zinc Soap for acne
- Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Acne Treatment Cream
- Daily Moisturizing Face Cream
- Sheer Strength Pure Physical Matte Tinted SPF 30 Sunscreen
If you have Pityrosporum Folliculitis on your back, chest and scalp too, add the right products to treat those areas with my Back Acne Kit which includes:
What is Pityrosporum Folliculitis?
- Pityrosporum folliculitis is a type of acne caused by a skin yeast called Pityrosporum (also called Malassezia). This yeast is normal on your skin, but sometimes it overgrows what’s healthy and causes acne. The C. acnes bacteria that causes regular acne may also play a role with the yeast.
- The pimples and clogged pores occur mostly on the upper trunk in young-to-middle-age adults, along the hairline of the neck and forehead, and along the jaw.
- Skin shows tiny 1-2mm flesh-colored bumps (plugged pores), and bright red pimples and pustules which sometimes itch and hurt.
- Healed lesions often leave small scars and hyperpigmentation.
This normal little skin yeast will raise havoc with your complexion if left on its own.
My proven treatment strategy for treating Pityrosporum folliculitis covers all the important ways to fight this type of acne.
Facial acne treatment products that work for Pityrosporum folliculitis including:
- Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser: Pores are kept clean with just the right amount of salicylic acid and glycolic acid in the pH balanced Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser when your wash each morning.
- Calming Zinc: Pityrosporum yeast is discouraged when you wash with Calming Zinc Soap every night because it is fortified with a full 2% pyrithione zinc.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream: The acne causing C. acnes (formerly called P. acnes) bacteria that can accompany the Pityrosporum yeast in aggravating this form of acne is treated with benzoyl peroxide in my BPO Treatment Cream. My BPO Cream is made with the highest quality medical-grade ultra-micronized benzoyl peroxide. This is important because it enhances skin penetration while minimizing skin irritation for even the most sensitive skin. It also prevents the chalky white residue commonly seen with low quality BPO products. You can either spot treat pimples or treat acne-prone areas of your face by applying my BPO Cream twice daily.
- Daily Face Cream: Your skin stays healthy and free from dryness when you maintain health skin hydration with Daily Face Cream that is fortified with barrier enhancing ceramides and squalane.
Add my Back and Chest Acne Kit with acne fighting products that are tough enough to penetrate thicker back and chest skin – a common place for Pityrosporum folliculitis. These include:
- Foaming Zinc Cleanser is a foaming cleanser that can be used on hairy skin of the scalp and makes a perfect foaming back and chest wash. Medicated with a full 2% pyrithione zinc.
- Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser is medicated with the maximal amount of ultra-micronized medical-grade benzoyl peroxide allowed (10%), which helps to unclog pores and treat the P. acnes germ that can also play a role in Pityrosporum folliculitis along with the yeast.
- Salux Exfoliating Shower Cloth is handy for applying these medicated cleansers to your back and chest. The exfoliating action of the cloth helps the medicated cleansers better penetrate into skin and keep pores open.
Alternate the two cleansers when you shower and rinse off knowing that you’re stepping out of the shower with a therapeutic layer of acne fighting ingredients on your skin to counter the Malassezia yeast, C. acnes and clogged pores that all conspire to cause Pityrosporum acne.
Prevent the hyperpigmented acne ‘scars’ that commonly happen from Pityrosporum folliculitis by sun protecting your skin every day.
The best sunscreen to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmented acne scars from Pityrosporum folliculitis is Sheer Strength Pure Physical Mineral Sunscreen because it is light weight on your skin, oil free and won't clog pores. It will help prevent premature skin aging too such as fine lines and wrinkles along with the hyperpigmented acne marks.
My dermatologist's Pityrosporum Folliculitis Acne Skin Care Kit includes 5 important products to treat fungal acne:
- Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser: Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid combine to help keep pores clean to prevent the small flesh-colored bumps and pimples of Pityrosporum folliculitis.
- Calming Zinc Bar Soap: a natural soap fortified with pyrithione zinc, known to discourage the growth of the Malassezia yeast.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream: with 5% benzoyl peroxide to reduce C. acnes, the bacteria that causes common acne and sometimes contributes to 'fungal acne'. Our benzoyl peroxide is medical grade and ultra-micronized to be less irritating to sensitive skin. This cream is also alcohol and oil free!
- Daily Moisturizing Face Cream: the perfect face moisturizer to keep skin healthy so that it can heal. Oil free and popular with my acne prone patients. Good for all skin types.
- Sheer Strength Pure Physical Matte Tinted SPF 30 Sunscreen: the ideal broad-spectrum sunscreen for face, neck, back and chest UV protection to prevent the “PIH” uneven skin hyperpigmentation so common from Pityrosporum folliculitis. The matte base helps prevent oily shine by absorbing oil throughout the day.
Be sure to add my Back Acne Kit if you are also suffering from Pityrosporum folliculitis type of fungal acne on the body.
This second kit includes 3 important products to treat fungal acne on the back, chest and even the scalp:
- Foaming Zinc Cleanser: foaming and oil removing cleanser that delivers the highest level of pyrithione zinc to skin affected by Pityrosporum folliculitis. Use this on the tougher skin of the back and chest. This foaming cleanser is the ideal treatment shampoo for the scalp.
- Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser: foaming and oil removing cleanser made with a full 10% medical-grade ultra-micronized benzoyl peroxide to penetrate tougher back and chest skin to treat acne.
- Salux Cloth: the perfect way to apply my back and chest acne cleansers while at the same time exfoliating skin to enhance penetration of these powerful and highly effective products.
Fight Pityrosporum folliculitis with:
- 2% salicylic acid to penetrate oily pores and lift out pore clogging plugs and blackheads
- 10% glycolic acid to fight blackheads and hyperpigmented acne scars
- 5% ultra-micronized benzoyl peroxide to kill the acne causing bacteria C. acnes
- 2% pyrithione zinc to fight Pityrosporum yeast
- Squalane, ceramide and glycerin enriched moisturizer to fight skin dryness
- Antioxidants: green tea, CoQ10,
Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
Cruelty-free and made in the USA.
Face and Neck Skin Care Routine
Wash your acne-prone facial and neck skin twice a day and apply the treatment products:
Cleanse your skin with the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser. Wet your face with warm water, place a dollop of cleanser in your wet palms and massage onto your face. Rinse well with warm water. Alternatively, you may use a washcloth or Exfoliating Facial Sponge to wash and lather your skin with the cleanser.
Apply the Benzoyl Peroxide Cream to all acne-prone areas and let dry to the touch. Alternatively, you may use the Benzoyl Peroxide Cream as a spot treatment if you only have occasional blemishes. (Benzoyl peroxide will bleach fabric so wash any excess off of your hands before wiping them on a colored towel.)
Apply a small amount of the Daily Moisturizing Face Cream to all areas prone to dryness.
Apply 1/3 tsp of the Sheer Strength Pure Physical Sunscreen to your face and all exposed skin on your neck.
Cleanse your skin with the Calming Zinc Bar Soap. Wet your face with warm water and lather the bar of soap between your wet palms. Massage the lather onto your skin. Rinse well with warm water.
Apply the Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion to acne-prone areas and allow to dry to the touch.
Apply a small amount of the Daily Moisturizing Face Cream to all areas prone to dryness
Back and Chest Skin Care Routine
Once daily shower with the Back Acne Kit Products.
Wet your skin with warm water. Apply one of the medicated cleansers to the Salux Cloth alternating the Foaming Zinc Cleanser one day and the Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser the next day. Scrub gently over the acne-prone areas using the cloth and medicated cleanser. Allow the lather to rest on the skin for a few minutes while you complete your other shower tasks. Rinse well with warm water and towel dry. Know that the medicated ingredients will not entirely rinse off of your skin and will continue to treat your skin after your shower. Benzoyl peroxide may bleach or fade fabric and I recommend wearing a white or light-colored shirt after using this cleaner.
Calming Zinc ® Bar (3.25 oz.) 2% Pyrithione zinc, olive oil infused with calendula, shea butter, oatmeal. (This soap is oil free because all initial oils are saponified and turned into soap by the natural soap making process)
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, 6.7 fl. oz. (2% salicylic acid and 10% glycolic acid cleanser): Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Red #40 (CI 16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Zinc PCA. Active Medicated Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Daily Moisturizing Face Cream (1.6 oz.): Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-Myreth Propionate, Squalane, Glycerin, Phospholipids, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Yucca Glauca Root Extract, Ceramide 3, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Beeswax, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Hydroxide, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 5%, 2 oz.
Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 5%.
Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Stearic Acid.
Sheer Strength Pure Physical™ Matte Tinted Créme Sunscreen SPF 30 (1.6 oz.)
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 16.5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.2%
Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Centella Asiatica Extract, Cermide NS, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Iron Oxides, Isodoecane, Methyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Methyl Ether Triethoxysilane, Phospholipids, Phyllanthus Emblca Fruit Extract, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethylsilsesquiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Purified Water, Resveratrol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10).
OPTIONAL BACK ACNE KIT
Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cleanser, 6.7 fl. oz.: Benzoyl peroxide 10%, Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Water.
Foaming Zinc Cleanser, 6.7 fl oz.: Zinc Pyrithione 2%, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, FD&C Blue #1, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Lauramide MIPA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Water.