Fight acne and win - for once! This frustrating skin problem responds predictably to treatment when you aim the right skin care ingredients at the causes of acne. Unfortunately, the process of creating a winning skin care routine to fight acne is confusing. Let me give you a dermatologist's tips for acne treatment without a doctor's appointment. Hopefully this will set you up to win against this common and frustrating skin problem.
Dermatologist’s tips and skin care advice for clearing pimples and blackheads
Acne has different causes and can behave differently depending on your skin type and physiology. That said, there are some simple tips that will help you fight acne and clear up a breakout fast.
Know your ingredients to fight acne:
- Benzoyl peroxide is the best non-prescription ingredient to fight the acne-causing bacteria P. acnes. The 2.5% benzoyl peroxide concentration is as effective as higher concentrations, and it’s less irritating. You can spot treat pimples or apply it twice a day to acne-prone skin to prevent pimples. It also helps fight blackheads.
- Salicylic acid seeps into oily pores to break up plugs and blackheads. It’s tops for this job if your skin is oily.
- Pityrosporum Folliculitis Skin Care Kit has everything you need to fight this type of 'fungal' acne.
- Retinol is a great keratolytic, meaning it helps to bust up blackheads. It helps to lighten acne scars and hyperpigmentation (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), too. Retinol has great anti-wrinkle benefits. My Retinol Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream is great for both acne and slowing skin aging.
- Ultimate Acne Solutions Kit.
Wash your skin and apply products twice a day.
This gives you an opportunity to keep products working for you. It also removes oil, product, germs, makeup, dirt, and debris that can worsen acne.
Create a Complete Skin Care with acne-fighting ingredients built from the essential steps of:
To fight acne, use cleansers and correcting products with the ingredients listed above. Also, use a non-pore-clogging moisturizer to balance skin hydration to fight dryness and irritation. Sun protection is important to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation as acne lesions heal.
Get your diet and lifestyle working with you to fight acne and really win!
Acne loves high sugar diets and junk food filled with carbs. Dairy-based foods also make acne worse. Breakouts get worse with stress, lack of sleep and too little exercise, too. Supplements such as B vitamins and whey powder are also linked to acne.
Eat lots of veggies, fruit and whole foods to help your complexion fight acne. You already know this; now, make the commitment to yourself to do it every day.
- Drink water instead of sugar-filled drinks.
- Get exercise and a good night’s sleep.
- Eat your fresh produce and whole foods.
You will be setting up your body’s physiology up to fight acne.
What is the best facial moisturizer to help you fight acne?
My Daily Moisturizing Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin is a favorite with my acne patients.
Dermatologist's treatment to help you fight acne and win without a trip to the doctor!
My popular, Ultimate Acne Solutions Kit has professional-level ingredients to fight acne vulgaris (the most common type of acne).
Or use my Pityrosporum Folliculitis Skin Care Kit and you have everything you need to fight acne in a complete skin care routine.