Among the many skin nuisances are tiny bumps under the eyes. These pesky bumps can be hard to remove depending on the cause. Considering how important eye contact is for interactions, it can add stress to this already frustrating issue. Dr. Bailey addresses this problem when she tackles a readers question regarding bumps under the eyes in her blog post: "What Causes Bumps Under the Eyes?"
What Causes Bumps Under the Eyes?Dr. Bailey always recommends visiting you local dermatologist to diagnose any skin problem since the skin is a complex organ (largest organ in your body!). Below is a brief list of the common causes for bumps under the eyes that Dr. Bailey finds in her practice:
- Syringomas aka benign tumors of sweat glands.
- Milia tiny white cysts that are often found on other areas of the face
- Prominent Sebaceous Glands that become more visible due to aging skin or developing dark circles under the eye
General Treatments for Bumps Under the EyesA single product does not necessarily work for all bumps under the eyes and often requires medical procedures. Dr. Bailey outlines the general treatments for bumps under the eyes:
- Syringomas: Surgical or laser treatment
- Milia: Lancing by medical personnel trained in blood-born precautions
- Prominent Sebaceous Glands: Products with hyaluronic acid that will plump the skin and possibly reduce the appearance of sebaceous glands
“…Most of the eye creams I’ve used have never been effective in keeping my under eye area well hydrated and have sometimes caused irritation. Advanced Corrective Eye Repair Cream is gentle and hydrating. I feel as though the puffiness I suffer from has improved with its regular use.” S. Marshall
If you would like more in depth analysis of the causes and treatments for bumps under the eyes read Dr. Bailey's original post here.
If you have found bumps under the eyes tips helpful, please show your thanks by commenting on, sharing, liking, adding to Google+, tweeting, and pinning this post with friends and family. You can do this by using the social sharing buttons above and below this blog post.
Sincerely, Dr. Bailey Skin Care TeamPhoto attribution: Thanks and gratitude to © Brüderchen & Schwesterchen GmbH/Corbis