There are secrets to great skin. In my 30+ years in dermatology, I’ve seen all skin types. I often ask people in-depth questions about their habits. I've learned that women with beautiful skin do these 5 things:
- Clean their skin deeply and well, without drying it out.
- Live a life of moderation that supports vitality.
- Shun the sun.
- Moisturize daily.
- Use an anti-aging product that builds collagen, fights damage and uneven pigment.
Want Great Skin As Well? (This Applies to Men Too)!
1. Choose a Gentle Cleanser Based on Your Skin Type. You don't want your skin to be overly dry. My top picks:
- Sensitive Skin: Extremely Gentle Foaming Cleanser – cleans well without drying. It has replaced my long-time love affair with Toleriane. Toleriane is still a great cleanser for ultra sensitive complexions.
- Normal to Oily Skin: Daily Foaming Facial Cleanser, Naturally Best Bar Soap, or 100% Natural Shower Gel.
- Use a Clarisonic Mia nightly to remove the day’s product, dirt, and oil buildup so your pores are clean and your products will penetrate optimally.
2. Make Daily Lifestyle Choices That Build and Replenish Vitality. It will show through your skin.
- Get a good night’s sleep! It’s scientifically proven to improve your appearance.
- Ditch the junk. An occasional ‘dietary indiscretion’ won’t hurt, but living on it certainly will. Learn how to eat for health and beauty in my free ebook. It is my passion to be an expert on this topic.
3. Shun the Sun. Use a trusted mineral zinc oxide sunscreen daily. Do you have the best sun protection strategy? I make it simple with my ASK infographic. Also visit my sun protection page if you want gorgeous, strong and healthy skin. My top SPF picks:
- Suntegrity 5 in 1 for dry to normal complexions
- Sheer Strength Matte Mineral Sunscreen
- Sheer Strength Spray Mineral Sunscreen
- Citrix Sunscreen
4. Moisturize Daily. Pick the right product for your skin type. Remember your T-zone may need a lighter product than around the delicate eye area and the cheeks. My picks:
- Daily Face Cream for Normal to Oily Skin
- Daily Face Cream for Normal to Dry Skin
- Natural Body and Face Butter; or Natural Body Lotion for dry complexions
- Advanced Corrective Eye Cream
- Instantly Luminous Serum
5. Use Anti-aging Products Based On Your Needs
- Products to fight wrinkles: Retinol Night Cream, Glycolic Acid Face Cream, Vitamin C Serum.
- Products with antioxidants to fight skin aging: Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy
Complete Skin Care Routine
- Cleanse with the correct cleanser.
- Correct with Instantly Luminous Serum. Follow up with the Green Tea therapy. Layer Vitamin C Serum to capture every possible collagen-building and antioxidant-rich ingredient.
- Hydrate/Protect with Suntegrity 5 in 1, or any other moisturizer/sunscreen above.
- Cleanse using the Clarisonic.
- Correct with Retinol and/or Glycolic Acid Face Cream.
- Hydrate with Glycolic Acid Face Cream or the correct moisturizer for your skin type.
- Protection is not needed when you are sleeping in the dark!
Note: Some products accomplish more than one of the complete skin care steps!