Recently our Office Manager, Kara, Sarah (one our fabulous Aestheticians!), and I had the special privilege to attend a professional Clarisonic training led by their Sales Manager, Tadra Aakre, and Senior Product Electrical Engineer, David Gunderson. We learned so much valuable information in this training that will help us in our practice, as well as help us teach you how to use your Clarisonic to its full potential. Some of my favorite highlights of the training included: Learning how the Clarisonic is engineered. The Clarisonic is “intelligent” which means your Clarisonic customizes your skin cleaning.
- Their Product Engineer informed us that every Clarisonic is made up of several microcomputers that control everything from the motor to the battery.
- The Clarisonic even contains a computer that can measure the difference in inertia placed upon it by each style of brush head. This basically means that your Clarisonic can tell the difference between a delicate skin brush head, a deep pore cleansing brush head, and a body brush head - and will act accordingly.
- He also informed us that their company is continuously and vigorously testing their products for maximum efficacy, safety, and efficiency so Clarisonic technology keeps getting better and better.
- Clarisonic now carries a new Acne Cleansing brush head that is extra gentle on active breakouts. Its ultra-plush, velvety bristles are gradated to clean deep within the pores, while still providing a very gentle cleansing action.
- One of their newer additions, the Deep Pore Cleansing brush head, is designed for oilier, thicker skin with enlarged pores. This brush head oscillates in different directions to remove excess oil and debris from the pores and works great on hard to reach areas.
You may be asking, what really makes the Clarisonic different from other skin cleansing brushes on the market?In addition to the differences I already mentioned, there are several distinctions between the Clarisonic skin cleansing brushes and other brands, including:
- Other skin brushes rotate in a circular motion, a technology that has been around since the 1960’s.
- The Clarisonic actually oscillates with a “proprietary counter-oscillating action that works with the skin’s natural elasticity.”
- By working with your skin, the Clarisonic can clean your pores at a deeper level without causing friction to your skin. Continual rotation in the same motion can cause friction and possibly lead to permanent damage to the skin.
- The Clarisonic’s patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second gives it the power to clean your skin 6 times better than manual cleansing.
- The Clarisonic helps with increased skin product absorption. In Clarisonic’s clinical studies, it was found that the skin absorbs up to 61% more vitamin C after using the Clarisonic than with manual cleansing. If the Clarisonic helps the skin absorb treatment products more effectively, it may lead to helping correct and prevent a variety of skin concerns.
MaLinda, Medical AestheticianMy passion is helping people look and feel beautiful. I have over nine years of experience in the skincare and cosmetics industry; having worked as a makeup artist, as a makeup and skin care product specialist for a high-end department store, and as an aesthetician. I have a bachelor’s degree in English and history, but I found my true calling in the world of skincare. I’ve been a licensed aesthetician since 2007. I love helping my clients achieve healthy, beautiful skin and teaching them how to get the results they’re looking for on a daily basis. Everyone is beautiful with unique attributes that make them special. Finding and highlighting these attributes in a person is my passion – and it’s what I love about my career.