How Do You Know if a Product Is Making You Break Out?
The Best Skin Care Products for AcneWhat are the best skin care products for acne and how do you know if a product is making you break out? Well, you’ve seen the words “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic.” Do they really mean anything, and how important are they for you if you suffer from acne?
- How are ingredients tested when it comes to acne?
- Are there specific ingredients to watch out for and avoid if you get pimples and clogged pores?
- And, what about all the millions of skin care products for sale… Are they tested for causing acne – especially if they say they are non-comedogenic or non-acnegenic?
Once you start asking these questions, the really big one becomes obvious…
Is everyone’s skin the same when it comes to a product or ingredient causing an acne breakout?
As a dermatologist, I can tell you that these questions are just a sampling of how complex the subject is. There are infinite ingredients, products and individual variables at play with skin care and acne.
How do you choose the best skin care products for acne if you are prone to breakouts? I answer these questions and more in my new Advice Page on Comedogenic Ingredients in Skin Care Products.
Click here to learn about acne-causing ingredients in skin care.
Learn what doctors know about the latest scientific research regarding acne product breakouts.
- I share my advice that I give my own dermatology patients who suffer from acne.
- I explain how we test products carefully to help better predict how your skin might react.
As a bonus, I talk about how I create skin care to address acne and my favorite products for building an acne fighting skin care routine.