Chemotherapy Skin Care Kit
Dr. Bailey gives back to cancer research and advocacy with her Chemotherapy Skin Care Kit - all of the profits from every kit sold are donated to the hereditary breast and ovarian cancer advocacy organization
As a dermatologist I know that skin care during chemotherapy treatments is really important.
Skin is the body's biggest organ. It is constantly exposed to germs and trauma. When it is injured, the wounds become an entry point for germs. During chemo, this can lead to serious infections.
My Chemo Kit is made from the skin care routine I used while undergoing chemo treatments myself. The kit includes: my tips and skin care instructions for chemo patients along with the 7 most important individual products for chemo patients including: All Natural Face and Body Lotion, Natural Lip Balm, Dry Skin Hand Cream, Bag Balm, All Natural Foaming Liquid Hand Soap, Cotton Gloves), and the Vanicream Cleansing Bar. Additional option includes the Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy Cream.
With the kit you also get a handy signature Dr. Bailey Skin Care cloth zip bag for your products.
When I was diagnosed with hereditary breast cancer in 2013, I became my own human laboratory for the effects of chemotherapy on your skin. I tested how to best treat your sensitive skin during my own chemo treatment and these are the products I found most helpful. Your chemo skin care is important during chemotherapy because healthy skin is essential for your physical well-being during this difficult time. My kits gives you one less thing to worry about when you undergo chemotherapy.
Dr. Bailey Wants You to Know
This kit will help you address the unique skin care issues of chemo treatments. Patients undergoing chemotherapy have an overwhelming list of self-care issues to worry about during their treatment. I designed my Chemo Skin Care Kits to simplify one set of those worries - your need to keep your skin healthy so that it is less prone to skin infections and skin rashes during your treatment.
There are certain universal skin changes that you can expect from chemotherapy including:
- Your skin will be drier, sensitive, and more fragile than ever before.
- Your nails and cuticles may become brittle. Depending on your chemo medicines, you may also notice that your skin and nails may become discolored from the medicines you are receiving and you may even be more sun sensitive from them.
Remember, your skin is a huge organ and it is exposed to the germs, harsh weather, and chemicals of the outside world. Having healthy skin is essential for your physical well-being during this difficult time. If you let your skin become dry it will be prone to eczema, and may break down with sores that can become infected. Dry skin will also become itchy and sensitive and make you uncomfortable. Remember, when you are undergoing chemotherapy, your immune system is suppressed and you are more vulnerable than ever before, which means you need healthy skin to protect you.
Product Details - The Chemotherapy Skin Care Kit Includes:
The Chemo Skin Care Kit embodies all the essential skin care products to keep your skin healthy and strong during your chemotherapy treatments. The main focus of a health-promoting chemo skin care routine is to use gentle hypoallergenic cleansers and highly hydrating hypoallergenic moisturizers as listed below.
Dr. Bailey Dry Skin Hand Repair Kit
The Dry Skin Hand Repair Kit includes:
- All Natural Foaming Liquid Hand Soap: An all-natural, hypoallergenic foaming hand soap that easily rinses clean and that does not contain potentially problematic ingredients. It will allow you to wash your hands as often as necessary without creating skin dryness.
- Dr. Bailey Skin Care Dry Skin Hand Cream: Ideal non-greasy moisturizing and protective hand cream that is perfect for use throughout the day after washing. Hydrating no-slippery-grip formula.
- Bag Balm and Cotton Gloves: A deeply hydrating night repair therapy keeps hands, nails, and cuticles healthy. Combats chemo dryness with Bag Balm Ointment, unsurpassed for healing chapped hands. Includes the best-fitting therapeutic cotton gloves.
All Natural Face and Body Lotion
A hypoallergenic and deeply hydrating moisturizer created for all-over use from head to toe. The simplicity of this single product skin care step is a great relief when you feel tired from your chemo treatments and don’t have the energy for anything complicated.
Natural Lip Balm
The best lip balm with deeply hydrating ingredients for moist lips all the time.
Vanicream Cleansing Bar
A trusted, gentle, hypoallergenic all-purpose skin cleanser that is widely recommended by dermatologists.
Additional Chemo Skin Care Kit Product Option:
Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy
This great skin hydrator is packed with hyaluronic acid and anti-inflammatory green tea antioxidants to help soothe your facial skin and fight the stressors inherent in chemotherapy.
I sent my cousin the Chemotherapy Skin Care Kit and she said it saved her from going insane. Chemotherapy had caused her feet to itch constantly and she had scratched until she was bleeding. One application of products and she found instant relief. She used soft cotton socks over the balm when sleeping. Thank you for providing this wonderful gift that we can give our loved ones going through chemotherapy.
-Rachel, November 2016
|Ideal for these Conditions:||Regimen Steps:||Key Ingredients:|
|Chemotherapy affected skin||Cleanse||Antioxidants|
|Dry Skin||Hydrate||Jojoba Oil|
|Sensitive Skin||Green Tea|
Use an Effective Skin Care Routine
The most effective way to keep your skin healthy during chemotherapy is to diligently use a gentle, hydrating skin care routine every day and my kit provides that for you. When you use the products in this kit, follow these four simple and key skin care steps for healthy and comfortable skin:
Step 1: Use only gentle cleansers.
Step 2: Use only hypoallergenic products (those that don’t have fragrances or complex or irritating ingredients).
Step 3: Use warm (not steaming hot) water on your skin when your skin is suffering from dryness.
Step 4: Always apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer right after toweling dry.
General Use Instructions − Chemo Skin Care Kits
To get maximum effectiveness of your hydrating gentle skin care kit, follow the directions below:
Cleansing. Use skin cleansers that are gentle and use them only where you need them. Be sure to always thoroughly rinse them off your skin with warm water.
- For your body, lather up only the parts of your skin that have the body odor glands, including your armpits, groin, buttocks, and feet. If you have oily skin, you also need to use cleanser on the oily areas of your back, neck, and chest. Use the Vanicream Cleansing Bar for your all-over body cleansing.
- For your face use the mildest cleanser that does the job. Don’t shoot for that tight "squeaky clean" feeling after washing because that means that you removed too much of your natural oils and actually irritated your skin. Use the Vanicream Cleansing Bar for your facial cleansing.
- For your hands use only gentle, easy-rinse foaming soaps. Apply cleanser only on your palms most of the time; the skin on the back of your hand rarely gets into germs and grime, and it is more fragile and prone to dryness. Also, rinse all of the cleanser from between your fingers where hand chapping often starts due to retained soap residue. Use the All Natural Foaming Liquid Hand Soap as a gentle hypoallergenic hand cleanser.
Use hypoallergenic skin care products only. During chemotherapy, your dry and fragile skin is more sensitive, so products you may have tolerated for years may now be wrong for your skin. Play it safe and use only gentle, hypoallergenic products when you are on chemo. All the cleansers and moisturizers in this kit are hypoallergenic.Bathe and wash your skin in a way that hydrates it instead of dries it out. There are two important tricks to making your shower or bath therapeutically hydrating.
- First: don't strip your natural skin oils with hot water (remember that hot water cleans greasy dishes better than warm water).
- Second: trap the water that your skin soaks up during your bath or shower by applying a really good moisturizer within three minutes after toweling dry to prevent evaporation of the precious water your skin just soaked up.
- For your body that means after every bath or shower (you may be able to skip your trunk if it’s not too dry).
- Apply All Natural Face and Body Lotion. Use this for your face that means morning and night after washing.
- Optional: Apply Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy Cream twice a day followed by the All Natural Lotion.
- Rub Dr. Bailey Dry Skin Hand Cream all over your hands or bag balm if your hands are extremely dry and chapped. For your hands, this means many times during the day so keep a moisturizer by every sink.
- Use deeply moisturizing Natural Lip Balm throughout the day. For your lips, it means coating them throughout the day with a hydrating lip balm.
All Natural Face and Body Lotion (8 fl. oz.) Organic Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) Juice, Organic Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax (blends ingredients together), Organic Cocos Nucifera (coconut) Oil, Organic Vegetable Glycerin (moisturizer), Stearic Acid (from soybeans), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Citric Acid (vitamin C for pH balance), Sodium Levulinate (natural preservative), Sodium Anisate (natural preservative).
Natural Lip Balm (0.15 oz.)
Olive Oil, Beeswax, Castor Oil, Rosemary Extract
Vanicream Cleansing Bar (3.9 oz bar) Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Isethionate, Sorbitol Solution, Ceteareth-20, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Monostearate, White Petrolatum, Simethicone, Polyethylene Glycol Monostearate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbic Acid, BHT.
Dry Hand Repair Kit
Dry Skin Hand Cream (3 oz.) Purified Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Octanoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sorbitol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxetol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA.
Bag Balm (1 oz.) 8 Hydroxyquinoline Sulfate (0.3% in a Petrolatum, Lanolin Base) All Natural Foaming Liquid Hand Soap (7 fl. oz) Saponified Organic Olive, Coconut and Jojoba Oils; Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Vera and Rosemary Extract.
Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy Cream (1 fl. oz.): Purified Water, Squalane, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Caffeine, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lauryl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Capryl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Resveratrol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Bisabolol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Rosamarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Polysorbate-20, Carbomer, Ptassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA.