Ultra-Fast Body Smoothing AHA Skin Care Kit
Complete professional-strength treatment for fast results!
- Polish skin to a soft dewy sheen, and banish chalky dry skin flakes on your arms and legs.
- Lighten age spots and soften crusty age barnacles with powerful physical and AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) exfoliation.
- Smooth out the chicken skin bumps of keratosis pilaris on the back of arms and front of thighs.
This combination skin treatment is proven to improve body skin problems including keratosis pilaris (chicken skin), seborrheic keratosis (age barnacles), and solar lentigines (liver spots). This treatment is also the best self-tanning skin primer for even and professional results.
Glycolic acid is a powerful ingredient to use in skin care. But as a consumer, it is difficult to compare glycolic acid products, because you need to know the free acid content to determine efficiency. The higher the free acid, the higher the efficiency -- but the more irritating the product might be to sensitive skin.
For this reason, skin formulation chemists often neutralize the acid to make it less irritating – and less effective. This is not the case with this professional combo. High free acid content, low formulation pH, and light textured product bases make this the perfect skin care product combination.
15% Glycolic Acid Body Lotion will loosen the ‘mortar’ that holds rough, dry flakey dead cells on the surface of your skin, dark age spots, and crusty barnacles. Once the ‘mortar’ is loose, dead cells will polish off when you use the Glycolic Acid Wash with the Salux Cloth in the shower. Apply the Glycolic Acid Lotion right after your shower and repeat the process daily until your skin is soft, dewy and has a smooth and youthful sheen.
In the bath or shower, apply a moderate amount of Glycolic Acid Face and Body Wash to a damp Salux Cloth. Massage in circular motions, covering all the skin you want to treat. You can fold the cloth to massage the skin of your arms, legs, and the front of your body. Use the cloth fully extended to massage your back.
Repeat daily until you achieve your desired results. If irritation develops, skip a day or two of use. You may find some areas of your skin are more sensitive. These may include skin folds and the décolleté. You may decide not to massage these areas as often, as vigorously, or at all.
Apply the Glycolic Acid Lotion after your shower, immediately after toweling skin dry. Apply within 3 minutes after toweling dry for best results. Use once or twice daily, or as directed by your physician. Application frequency will depend on your skin’s tolerance. Because the 15% Glycolic Acid Body Lotion is extremely strong, it may be irritating to sensitive or damaged skin. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult a physician.
Tips For Success with Glycolic Acid Products
- Always start with lower strength products and work up in strength, as your skin is able to tolerate the glycolic acid.
- Glycolic acid is by definition an ‘acid’ and can irritate sensitive or injured skin. When, or if, there is stinging or irritation, you can lower the concentration of the glycolic acid in the product by diluting it in half with a non-glycolic acid product and gradually work towards full strength.
- Mix equal portions of a glycolic acid product and a similar non-glycolic acid product that you know your skin can tolerate in your palm before applying them to the skin.
- In a week or so, add less of the non-glycolic acid product as you mix the two products in your palm. Slowly continue this process until you can tolerate the full strength glycolic acid product.
- If your skin becomes irritated, take a break from your glycolic acid treatment for a few days, or until the skin returns back to normal, before resuming therapy.
- Avoid or use less glycolic acid in areas of your skin that are more sensitive. This means diluting the glycolic product as above or avoiding glycolic acid on the area all together. Examples of sensitive skin areas on the body include the décolletage area of the chest and the skin folds of the groin, or under the breasts. On the face, this would include the eyelids and central ‘T-zone’ in people suffering from seborrhea.
- Do not get glycolic acid on the lips. Do not eat products intended for external use only.
- The eyelid folds are sensitive. Do not get glycolic acid in your eyes. Do not apply it so close to the eyes that it melts in to the eyes as the product warms to skin temperature.
- Sometimes glycolic acid products will sting if you use them after exfoliating with a scrub or rough shower cloth or sponge. If this happens, then apply glycolic acid products on days that you don’t physically exfoliate when washing. Instead apply a non-glycolic acid product after exfoliating and use your glycolic acid product when you don’t exfoliate
- If your skin develops irritation, an injury, a sunburn/windburn, or a rash, you must not apply glycolic acid to those areas of your skin. Wait until your skin is entirely healed plus at least 2 weeks. Glycolic acid will further irritate irritated skin, compounding the inflammation, preventing healing, and possibly resulting in scarring or dyspigmentation. This includes skin irritating medicines such as acne medicines, or tretenoin (Retin A and Renova), or procedures such as electrolysis, laser, chemical peels, waxing etc.
- Irritated skin can develop permanent darkening in response to sunlight. Do not expose irritated skin to the sun, until the skin has returned to normal.
Glycolic Acid Face and Body Wash. 6.7 fl oz: Purified Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycolic Acid, Sorbitol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate-60, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium PCA, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ubiquinone (Co Q-10), Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Ascorbic Acid, Symphytum (Comfrey) Officinale Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Oleth-5, Laureth-7, Butylene Glycol, Chitosan, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Propyl Gallate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA.
Glycolic Acid 15% Body Lotion 6.7 fl oz: Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Stearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Phospholipids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Ascorbic Acid, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10), Superoxide Dismutase, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Laureth-7, Chitosan, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Gallate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.