Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit™
My Ultimate Acne Solutions Kit covers all the bases to set you up for success with your acne treatment. This 3-step dermatologist-developed Acne Treatment System gives you the most effective acne medicines available without a prescription to clear acne and prevent pimples and acne scars.
- Dr. Bailey's Tips for Success
- Complete Skin Care™
- At a glance
Acne treatment works best when synergistic products and medicines are combined into a routine that fights the root causes of acne. I use my 30+ years of clinical dermatology experience to do that for you with this kit. My treatment system is highly effective because I leave nothing to chance:
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser is medicated with a full 2% salicylic acid, the maximum strength available, to penetrate deeply into oily pores and break up blackheads and pore clogging plugs that allow acne causing germs to thrive. Salicylic acid also helps all other acne fighting products penetrate better into the pores where acne starts. Together with 10% glycolic acid, this helps to prevent blemishes before they form. The combination also brightens your complexion, helps to even out skin pigmentation and soften the appearance of acne scars.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 5% delivers an advanced formulation of ultra-micronized benzoyl peroxide to kill the acne causing bacteria and help prevent new breakouts. Benzoyl peroxide works to prevent acne so be sure to apply it to all acne prone areas of your skin before pimples develop.
No other topical medicine compares to benzoyl peroxide when it comes to killing the acne causing bacteria - not even prescription creams and gels. Take advantage of this, don't just spot treat existing pimples, apply benzoyl peroxide to all acne prone areas! - Dermatologist Dr. Bailey
Daily Moisturizing Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin balances skin hydration to help control oil and redness. This light-weight and oil free cream blends pharmaceutical-grade aloe vera, squalane, glycerin with antioxidants (green tea, CoQ-10/ubiquinone, superoxide dismutase) and vitamins (A, C, and E) to sooth inflammation for complexions struggling with acne.
Add the right acne-friendly sunscreen for your complexion and you are set with a Complete Skin Care™.
Cleanse and treat your skin twice a day, in the morning and in the evening for best results.
AM and PM:
- Cleanse with the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser using warm water. Rinse well and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a thin layer of Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream to all areas of your complexion that are prone to breakouts. Allow the cream to dry to the touch then follow up with a thin layer of Daily Moisturizing Face Cream to your entire face.
- Apply an acne-friendly sunscreen on exposed skin during the day.
Extremely oily complexions may benefit from the addition of the Acne Treatment Pads as a second cleansing step after washing and before applying the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream. These pads can also be used to cleanse skin between washings such as after workouts or to remove excess oily shine in the middle of the day.
If you are struggling with 'fungal acne' also, I recommend alternating Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser with Calming Zinc Soap. Use one in the morning and one at night.
If you have a lot of facial redness consider adding Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy. Ultra-high concentration pharmaceutical grade green tea antioxidants reload the skin's antioxidant reserve to help calm redness. They are also proven to reduce acne and sebum to help clear acne.
Treat pimple-prone areas to prevent breakouts with benzoyl peroxide in Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Acne Treatment Cream. This concentration is tough on the acne causing bacteria and the advanced ultra-micronized medicated form of benzoyl peroxide is tolerated by even most sensitive complexions. Alternatively, you can use Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Acne Treatment Cream as a spot treatment blemishes when they arise.
Dermatologist recommendations for using acne treatment products:
- Always start on the lowest concentration products. It is easier to work your way up in strength than to figure out why your skin has become dry.
- Never apply acne medicines to chapped, injured skin. This includes sunburns, windburns, or after procedures such as face peels, microdermabrasion, exfoliating facials, waxing, harsh facial masks etc.
- Some parts of the face may be more sensitive to acne medicines than others. Use milder products on sensitive areas. For example, the cheek bone and jaw line are sensitive in some people, for others it is the cheek area along the sides of the nose.
- Do not use medicated acne products if you think you may be pregnant without first checking with your physician to be certain they feel the benefits out weight the potential unknown risks; acne products have not and never will be rigorously tested for safety in pregnant women and so we cannot assume that they are safe.
If your skin becomes dry, how can you test if your skin is allergic to an ingredient or if the products are just a little irritating for your skin and the solution is to use the products less often?
This is a really important point with all acne care products because the best ingredients can be a little irritating to sensitive skin - or when your skin has been made sensitive by things like harsh weather, a sun burn etc.
As with all medicine and most skin care products, some people can develop allergic reactions. This can occur to the benzoyl peroxide or the salicylic acid acne medicines, though true allergy to these is really rare. Allergic people develop a dry itchy irritation with redness on the treated skin within several days after applying one of the medicines. The reaction occurs every time they use the medicine.
To determine if dryness from acne products is due to allergic reaction or irritation, do the following 'use test':
- Stop using the Kit for several weeks. Wash your face with a mild soap and do not use any harsh products on the skin.
- When your skin feels normal, restart the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser (which contains salicylic acid and glycolic acid.) If you get dry, itchy and red, then you are most likely allergic to salicylic acid (glycolic acid can be irritating but people aren't usually allergic to it). If you are allergic to salicylic acid you may be able to tolerate benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, retinol or green tea acne treatments that do not have salicylic acid in them.
- If you think you may be allergic to the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream, do a use test with it. As above, let your skin rest several weeks until it feels normal. Then restart the cream. Continue washing with a mild soap and applying the Cream after. If you again develop the dry itchy irritation then you may be allergic to benzoyl peroxide. You can probably tolerate the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser. Let your skin rest for several weeks then resume the Cleanser.
To test if irritation is the reason your skin is dry and scaly from acne products, do the following test:
- Stop using all the medicated products until your skin returns to normal. To do this, use a mild soap to wash and apply a non-oil containing moisturizer.
- Once your skin has returned to normal, use the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment Cream only once every other day, use a mild soap and moisturizer the other times you cleanse. If no dryness develops increase to once a day. If your skin remains free from dryness, you can use the 2 products twice a day IF your skin is not dry. If it ever becomes dry, for any reason, stop using the products until your skin normalizes, then resume again.
A Dr. Bailey Complete Skin Care Routine™ always gets the best results and covers each essential skin care step of:
With the Ultimate Acne Solution Skin Care Kit, you want to add an acne-friendly oil-free sunscreen to complete your routine.
Pick your sunscreen based on your preferences and apply it on top of your Daily Moisturizing Face Cream every day to prevent hyperpigmentation acne lesions and skin damage. I recommend:
Sheer Strength Pure Physical Matte Tinted SPF 30 for those who want tinting to help hide complexion flaws.
Sheer Strength Pure Physical Liquid SPF 50 Sunscreen for weightless and moderately water resistant daily sun protection.
Sheer Strength Pure Physical Spray SPF 50 is moderately water resistant for sweaty days and blends well into hair-baring skin such as your hairline or men's facial hair.
Sheer Strength SPF 30 Refresh Powder Sunscreen is the easiest way to reapply sunscreen during the day. It is tinted to hide complexion flaws and formulated with over 3.2% iron oxide to help fight skin pigment problems such as melasma.
If you use makeup, be certain that it is acne-friendly and oil free.
Apply makeup after the Daily Moisturizing Face Cream and/or your sunscreen. I recommend pure mineral powder makeup because it is the least likely to trigger acne.
- Salicylic acid 2%
- Benzoyl peroxide 10%
- Glycolic acid 10%
- Aloe vera
- Antioxidants: Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone (CoQ-10), Superoxide Dismutase
- Vitamins A, C, E
Cruelty Free and Made in the USA
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit with my other skin care products?
Usually you can. You should always use OIL FREE products on acne prone skin. Oil free moisturizers, sunscreens and makeup may be applied after the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream. Allow the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 2.5%, to dry then apply your products.
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit with topical medicines my doctor has prescribed for my acne?
Usually yes. Ask your prescribing doctor.
What do I do if my skin becomes dry or irritated while I am using the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit?
Give your skin a short break. Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit is strong. If your skin begins to feel dry, stop using the Kit and just wash with a mild soap for a few days. When your skin feels normal again begin using the kit just once a day for several weeks and then increase back to twice a day. If you still develop dry skin, you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients.
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit if I become pregnant?
Possibly but I have to say 'no' because you need to ask your doctor. The ingredients have not been rigorously tested on pregnant women and no one will ever be bold enough to test things on pregnant women.
Can I use a wash cloth, sonic skin cleansing brush system or Exfoliating Facial Sponge with the cleanser?
Yes. I particularly like Exfoliating Facial Sponges since they help remove loose blackheads from clogged pores. Always make sure anything you wash your skin with is clean and dries between uses since they can harbor germs.
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser (6.7 oz.) Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Red #40 (CI 16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow #5 (CI 19140), Zinc PCA. Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 5% (2 oz.): Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Stearic Acid. Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 5%
Daily Moisturizing Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin (1.6 oz/47g): Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Myreth Propionate, Squalane, Polysorbate-60, Dimethicone, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone (CoQ-10), Superoxide Dismutase, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Maltodextrin, Beeswax, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid.