Summer Glow Kit
Enjoy a smart, sun-safe, warm summer glow!
Combine Avene Self Tanner (Dr. Bailey’s favorite) with Dr. Bailey's Glycolic Acid Face and Body Lotion to enjoy the last days of summer with all-over smooth, warm-toned that says “my summer is great”. Add Dr. Bailey’s Instantly Luminous Serum during the day to instantly revive and rehydrate your glowing complexion to a dewy and vital luster.
Have dewy and soft skin with a warm color tone that looks like a real sun tan minus the future wrinkles, freckles and skin cancer. It's just 2 simple steps for non-facial skin:
- Apply the Glycolic Acid Face and Body Lotion daily after your shower.
- Two or three times a week, apply the Avene Self Tanner under your Glycolic Acid Body Lotion.
Glycolic acid at this professional strength will help to create hyaluronic acid production in your skin to keep non-facial skin dewy and youthful. It also helps to lighten age spots and sun spots too. As an added bonus, this powerhouse helps prevent the 'alligator' scaling seen with self tanners. It's a brilliant and simple product combination.
Have dewy, hydrated youthful luster with a warm skin tone on your face too - yep, amazing results minus the wrinkles, leathering, sun spots and skin cancer. It's just 3 simple steps for facial skin:
- Apply my Instantly Luminous Multi-Action Serum after washing.
- Follow with a layer of my Glycolic Acid Face and Body Lotion daily.
- Two or three times a week apply the Avene Self Tanner before the Luminous Serum.
Luminous serum layers a massive amount of hyaluronic acid in the outer cell layers of your skin to instantly plump and hydrate skin to a dewy and youthful luster. No alligator scale, leathery dry skin or sun damage - another brilliant ingredient combination.
Remember to apply a good zinc oxide sunscreen on top during the day. You want the warm glow minus the sun damage and this is the ideal way to have it!
(Note that if you have sensitive facial skin, you may need special care when adding Glycolic Acid to a skin care routine. See the directions for use.)
The Summer Glow Kit includes:
Advanced skin care technology for firmer, brighter and smoother skin instantly!
This light textured lotion is a full professional formulation of 15% glycolic acid in an acid pH product. That's what it takes to achieve all the glycolic acid benefits that make this ingredient such a popular powerhouse to fight the signs of skin aging.
Apply your products after cleansing your skin in the bath or shower. Towel dry and apply within 3 minutes for best results.
Layer Avene Self Tanner under Glycolic Acid Lotion two or three times a week or until you reach the desired warm skin tone. Take care to apply less over the thicker skin of elbows and knees. Wash the tanner off of your hands. For more information see my infographic on how to apply self tanners.
Layer Avene Self Tanner under Instantly Luminous Serum and Glycolic Acid Face and Body Lotion.
Tips For Success with glycolic acid products.
- Always start with lower strength products and work up in strength as your skin is able to tolerate the glycolic acid.
- Glycolic acid is by definition an ‘acid’ and can irritate sensitive or injured skin. When or if there is stinging or irritation, you can lower the concentration of the glycolic acid in the product by diluting it in half with a non-glycolic acid product and gradually work towards full strength.
- Mix equal portions of a glycolic acid product and a similar non-glycolic acid product that you know your skin can tolerate in your palm before applying them to the skin.
- In a week or so, add less of the non-glycolic acid product as you mix the two products in your palm.
- Slowly continue this process until you can tolerate the full strength glycolic acid product.
- If your skin becomes irritated, take a break from your glycolic acid treatment for a few days, or until the skin returns back to normal, before resuming therapy.
- Avoid or use less glycolic acid in areas of your skin that are more sensitive. This means diluting the glycolic product as above or avoiding glycolic acid on the area all together. Examples of sensitive skin areas on the body include the décolletage area of the chest and the skin folds of the groin or under the breasts. On the face this would include the eyelids and central ‘T-zone’ in people suffering from seborrhea.
- Do not get glycolic acid on the lips and of course do not eat products intended for external use only.
- The eyelid folds are sensitive. Of course, do not get glycolic acid in your eyes. This means do not apply it so close to the eyes that it melts in to the eyes as the product warms to skin temperature.
- Sometimes glycolic acid products will sting if you use them after exfoliating with a scrub or rough shower cloth or sponge. If this happens, then apply glycolic acid products on days that you don’t physically exfoliate when washing. Instead apply a non-glycolic acid product after exfoliating and use your glycolic acid product when you don’t exfoliate
- If your skin develops irritation, an injury, a sunburn or windburn or a rash, you must not apply glycolic acid to those areas of your skin. Wait until your skin is entirely healed plus at least 2 weeks. Glycolic acid will further irritate irritated skin, compounding the inflammation, preventing healing and possibly resulting in scarring or dyspigmentation. This includes skin irritated from wind or sun, irritating skin medicines such as acne medicines or tretenoin (Retin A and Renova) or procedures such as electrolysis, laser, chemical peels, waxing etc. Irritated skin can develop permanent darkening in response to sunlight. Do not expose irritated skin to the sun until the skin has returned to normal.
Avene Thermal Spring Water, Peg-4, Coco-Caprylate, Dihydroxyacetone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Erythrulose, Benzoic Acid, Blue 1, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60, Red 4, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Glucoside, Water, Yellow 6.
Purified Water, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-28, Ergothioneine, Glutathione, Zinc PCA, Copper PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA.
Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Stearyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Phospholipids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Ascorbic Acid, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10), Superoxide Dismutase, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Laureth-7, Chitosan, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Propyl Gallate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.