Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2
Professional strength glycolic acid lotion in a light base that's perfect for acne and anti-aging skin care for people with oily or normal skin. This light lotion doesn't leave a heavy feel on the skin when layered with your other skin care products. Clearance item, stock up while supplies last!
Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2
Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2 treats many common skin problems with a hefty 11% free acid strength of glycolic acid. Its oil free base doesn't leave a heavy product feel on your skin and layers beautifully with your other skin care products. It's also perfect for oily skin care. The strong glycolic acid lifts blackheads to unclog pores and help treat acne. It also treats hyperpigmentation from melasma, lightens age spots and softens fine lines and wrinkles. In my dermatology practice, it's been a perfect facial product for adult acne treatment and especially for acne and anti-aging skin care.
Please note, glycolic acid can be irritating to the skin. If irritation develops, discontinue use and contact a physician.
Clearance item, stock up on this popular Glytone product while supplies last, all sales final!
Manufacturer: Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2
Tips For Success with Glycolic Acid Products
- Always start with lower strength products and work up in strength as your skin is able to tolerate the glycolic acid.
- Glycolic acid is by definition an ‘acid’ and can irritate sensitive or injured skin. When or if there is stinging or irritation, you can lower the concentration of the glycolic acid in the product by diluting it in half with a non-glycolic acid product and gradually work towards full strength.
- Mix equal portions of the glycolic acid product and a similar non-glycolic acid product that you know your skin can tolerate in your palm before applying them to the skin.
- In a week or so, add less of the non-glycolic acid product as you mix the two products in your palm. Slowly continue this process until you can tolerate the full strength glycolic acid product.
- If your skin becomes irritated, take a break from your glycolic acid treatment for a few days, or until the skin returns back to normal, before resuming therapy.
- Avoid or use less glycolic acid in areas of your skin that are more sensitive. This means diluting the glycolic product as above or avoiding glycolic acid on the area all together. Examples of sensitive skin areas on the body include the décolletage area of the chest and the skin folds of the groin or under the breasts. On the face this would include the eyelids and central ‘T-zone’ in people suffering from seborrhea.
- Do not get glycolic acid on the lips and of course do not eat products intended for external use only.
- The eyelid folds are sensitive. Of course, do not get glycolic acid in your eyes. This means do not apply it so close to the eyes that it melts into the eyes as the product warms to skin temperature.
- Sometimes glycolic acid products may sting if you use them after exfoliating with a scrub or rough shower cloth or sponge. If this happens, then apply glycolic acid products on days that you don’t physically exfoliate when washing. Instead apply a non-glycolic acid product after exfoliating and use your glycolic acid product when you don’t exfoliate
- If your skin develops irritation, an injury, a sunburn or windburn or a rash, you must not apply glycolic acid to those areas of your skin. Wait until your skin is entirely healed plus at least 2 weeks. Glycolic acid will further irritate irritated skin, compounding the inflammation, preventing healing and possibly resulting in scarring or dyspigmentation. This includes skin irritated from wind or sun, irritating skin medicines such as acne medicines or tretenoin (Retin A and Renova) or procedures such as electrolysis, laser, chemical peels, waxing etc.
- Irritated skin can develop permanent darkening in response to sunlight. Do not expose irritated skin to the sun until the skin has returned to normal.
Glytone Exfoliating Lotion #2 (2 fl. oz.): Water, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Rose Extract, Octoxynol-9, Propyl Gallate, Sorbic Acid, Xanthan Gum.