Stock the House Chemical-Free!
Stock the house with dermatologist-approved and chemical-free natural body wash, soap and lotion.
I've done your homework when it comes to getting dubious chemicals out of your shower. - Dr. Bailey
Did you know that probably 90% of products I see marketing as “natural” fail my label reading test?
With the implied promise of goodness and ethical values I see ‘fragrance’ (a risk for phthalates and allergy), chemicals only a chemist can maneuver, and allergens that are a dermatologist’s job security. (some of my 'favs' are noted in red below!)
I’m a rebel on a mission - fighting back with natural products, free from allergens and shameful greenwashing.
I believe that the basics of our skin care should be truly natural. It makes sense to add the high-tech chemistry where we really benefit (anti-aging, acne care, sunscreens etc.), but not in our daily shower gel, bath soap, hand soap or body lotion.
It’s also important because mass produced products often start with poor quality (aka economical) raw ingredients. (Anyone see the benzene in sunscreen debacle this summer?! That’s a raw ingredient issue.)
Stock the house with chemical-free genuinely natural products, I’ve done our homework for us.
Naturally Best Bar Soap put a bar in every bath and shower.
- Compare mine: handmade from organic saponified oils of palm, coconut, olive, and palm kernel, organic cocoa butter, organic powdered oatmeal, aloe vera, organic rosemary extract. All ingredients, including palm oil, are organic and ethically sourced.
- Popular competitors include ‘fragrance’ (meaning potential phthalates, which are hormone disruptors), colorant (a synthetic dye??) and botanical allergens like citrus and sandalwood.
Natural Shower Gel stock this in every shower (yes, I have both a bar and a gel in my shower)
- Compare mine: Saponified Organic Coconut, Olive and Jojoba Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Guar Gum, Rosemary Extract, Organic Aloe Vera (note it is fragrance-free for real!)
- Popular competitors almost all list water as the first ingredient! There is enough of that in the shower but it makes the bottle look bigger. Then read on: Water, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Coco-Betaine, Betaine, Fragrance, Lavandula.
- And this doozy filled with a cocktail of potent allergens up high in the list meaning higher concentrations: Water, lauryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, sucrose laurate, coco-betaine, fragrance, betaine, rosmarinus o-cinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, citrus limon (lemon) fruit extract, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, citric acid, glycerin, sodium chloride, tocopherol, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, limonene, linalool.
Natural Foaming Hand Soap stock this easy-rinse formula at every sink and never leave drying soap residue on your hands again.
- Compare mine: Saponified organic olive, coconut and jojoba oils, vegetable glycerin, organic aloe vera and rosemary extract.
- Popular competitors start with water – again! Then read on: Water/aqua/eau, sodium coco-sulfate, glycerin, decyl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glycinate, fragrance/parfum, gluconolactone, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, citric acid, sodium hydroxide
- Another doozy: Aqua [water], lauryl glucoside, decyl glucoside, parfum [fragrance]*, betaine, sucrose laurate, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, honey extract, tocopherol, citric acid, glycerin, xanthan gum, hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, lecithin, alcohol, ascorbyl palmitate, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, linalool*parfum naturel / natural fragrance
Natural Body Lotion keep this in the bathroom to apply after each shower and washing your hands.
- Compare mine (note water is not the first ingredient!): Organic Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) Juice, Organic Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Oil, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax (blends ingredients together), Organic Cocos Nucifera (coconut) Oil, Organic Vegetable Glycerin (moisturizer), Stearic Acid (from soybeans), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Citric Acid (vitamin C for pH balance), Sodium Levulinate (a 100% natural vegetable-derived preservative), Sodium Anisate (fennel derived preservative rated #1 for the safest by EWG).
- Popular Competitors start with water again!!! They go on with chemistry only a chemist can understand and allergens that only a dermatologist would love – in a job security sort of way: water, glycerin, decyl cocoate, beeswax, fragrance, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, polyglyceryl-3 stearate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, nonfat dry milk, honey, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, beta-carotene, jojoba esters, hydrolyzed jojoba esters, xanthan gum, lactic acid, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, citric acid, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene
Say 'no'; stock the house getting chemicals, allergens and greenwashing out of your high-volume skin care... let me do your homework.
Sensitive Skin Natural Could be agitiating
Sensitive Skin Natural Could be agitiating
- Face, Neck & Decollete
- Eye Area
- Lip Care
- Hands & Feet
- Body, Scalp & Bath
- Sun Protection