Smart Sun Protection
Smart Sun Protection is essential because UV rays leave lasting damage on your skin! Yep, IF UV gets in free radicals damage what’s precious. Use multiple protective strategies to enjoy summer sun without permanently sending your skin down the path of wrinkles, thinning, pigment problems and worse.
Use the best antioxidant skin care products and sunscreen to help block free radical sun damage.
Fortify your skin’s antioxidant reserve to neutralize skin damaging free radicals. Use the best proven active antioxidants and sun screen - and enjoy the sun without the damage:
- Green Tea Antioxidant Therapy has the right green tea antioxidants proven to reduce skin cancer and sun damage from an “actinic indiscretion”, as I like to call it (aka UV that got through your best efforts at sun protection). Wear it daily under moisturizer and sunscreen – I do!
- Vitamin C Professional Anti-Wrinkle Serum is the other powerful free radical defender. Top your Green Tea with this super hero when you are enjoying lots of fun in the sun. The half-life of vitamin C in skin is 4 days so after a week of daily use you can benefit from high skin vitamin C levels by using this serum just 2 or 3 times a week – that’s what I do.
- Sheer Strength Pure Physical Sunscreens with pure mineral protection. Add a hat as well to shade precious facial skin.
- Retinol Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream – the brilliance of retinol is that it has the magic key to turn off the collagen degradation that’s turned on when an errant UV ray enters your skin. Use this at night and keep your collagen safe. The science geek name for the degradation process is matrix metalloproteinase enzyme and you want to NEVER to let that enzyme get started breaking down your skin collagen.
Get Dr. Cynthia Bailey’s Antioxidant Collagen Protection Rx for Summer
- CLEANSE: with your favorite cleanser (in summer mine is Extremely Gentle Facial Cleanser)
- CORRECT: Green Tea Antioxidant Therapy, wait a few minutes then Vitamin C Serum daily for a week then twice a week.
- HYDRATE: Daily Face Cream (once Vitamin C Serum is dry)
- PROTECT: Sheer Strength Sunscreens and wear a sun hat!
- CLEANSE: as above
- CORRECT: Retinol Night Cream (it’s a ‘two-fer’ because it also contains the green tea antioxidants)
- HYDRATE: Daily Face Cream