Fall Skin Care
Get 6 simple dermatologist-approved tips for how to transition your skin care from summer to fall. Weather, temperatures, humidity and activities change with the seasons and your skin care needs to change too. Just like your wardrobe, what feels good on your skin in summer won’t as the season transitions to fall. Your summer skin care routine also may not protect your skin from fall and winter dryness.
- Fall Skincare Swap 1: Go gentle with skin cleansing
- Fall Skincare Swap 2: Use richer moisturizers and don’t skip body lotion
- Fall Skincare Swap 3: Add a deeply hydrating serum
- Fall Skincare Swap 4: Be generous with the lip balm
- Fall Skincare Swap 5: Take good care of your hands
- Fall Skincare Swap 6: Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen that blocks UVA on all exposed skin.
Don’t wait until dryness begins, start now. Take steps to keep skin hydrated - prevent barrier damage from overly harsh cleansing, use seasonally rich moisturizers that replenish skin lipids, and protect skin from damaging UVA rays.