Best Skin Care Acids
Use the best skin care “acids” and see results on your winter complexion!
Yes, the word ‘acid’ conjures caution. You envision a solution that burns and is irritating. But not all of the best acids in skin care do. In fact, some, like hyaluronic acid and fatty acids, are soothing, healing and support healthy winter skin.
It's a confusing topic because the term ‘acid’ is governed by chemistry. It means that a compound can donate a hydrogen ion or proton, or it can accept an electron, in a chemistry reaction. It does not mean that compound is irritating. In fact, some of the best skin care ingredients for your routine are acids that don't have an acidic pH. Others do, which means that they can sting and irritate sensitive skin.
The best skin care 'acids' achieve amazing benefits for your skin and are worth trying.
We've put them on sale for a limited time PLUS we have our tiered discount for holiday season 2020! It's a great time to try a new 'acid' in your skin care routine.
The 3 best skin care acids that have an acidic pH:
- Glycolic Acid is the best AHA in skin care and helps fight some of the most common skin problems including:
- signs of skin aging, acne
- skin pigment problems
- crusty age spots (seborrheic keratosis)
- rough and dry skin
- keratosis pilaris
To work, a glycolic acid product needs to contain 10% or more glycolic acid and have a pH of under 4 – like mine. These products will:
- Stimulate skin collagen renewal
- Increase skin hyaluronic acid levels
Try my Glycolic Acid Face Cream or Glycolic Acid Body Lotion and see what glycolic acid can do for your skin.
- Salicylic Acid is a BHA keratolytic that exfoliates to brighten your skin and penetrates deeply into oily pores to unclog them. Try my Triple Action Exfoliating Cleanser, a blend of salicylic acid, glycolic acid and eco-friendly beads to brighten your winter-weary dull skin.
- Ascorbic Acid, which you know as Vitamin C, readily penetrates skin. It is an antioxidant powerhouse that also stimulates collagen renewal and fights hyperpigmentation. Topical use boosts your skin's vitamin C level far beyond anything you can achieve with oral supplements, and that’s good news for fighting skin free radical damage. My Vitamin C Anti-Wrinkle Professional Treatment Serum is formulated to get your skin all the skin care benefits of vitamin C.
Two surprising skin care 'acids' that don’t have an acidic pH and are NOT irritating for most sensitive complexions.
- Fatty acids such as linoleic, oleic and gamma linoleic acids are soothing oils that help to strengthen your skin's barrier - something you need right now in winter. Find them in coconut oil, which is in my Natural Face and Body Lotion, and in borage oil, which is a key ingredient in my Omega Enriched Booster Oil. Add a few drops of my Booster Oil to any face, hand or body moisturizer to fight winter skin chapping.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a sweetheart ingredient that fights skin dehydration. A winter skin care essential to fight dry skin; plump crepey skin and fine lines, and enjoy a dewy, more youthful complexion with the right hyaluronic acid formulation. My Instantly Luminous Multi-Action Serum contains the highest tech fractionated hyaluronic acid for maximal results. Follow with Green Tea Antioxidant Skin Therapy and feel the difference; fight inflammation, redness and skin dryness. This Layered Up Bestie combo is loved by even the most sensitive complexions.
Want to gift yourself a new ‘acid’ and experience the difference? Take advantage of our limited time sale and tiered discounting - the more you spend the more you save. Skin care that’s self-care because it gets results.