On the pages of OTB Skin Care you get a dermatologist's explanation of your acne treatment options. With over 25 years of dermatology practice, I've seen just about every type of teenage acne and at OTB Skin Care I explain how different teen skin types can use nonprescription acne treatments to clear acne fast. I also give you medical information on why your current acne treatment may not be working for you. And... because diet affects your acne, I tell you how to use your diet to help fight acne too. There's a lot of acne skin care misinformation on the web, in beauty magazines and in stores. I cut through the hype and tell you what I've seen work for the teenage acne patients I treat everyday.
10 Great Teenager's Acne Resources at OTB Skin Care from Dermatologist Dr. Cynthia Bailey:
- My short summary of Acne Treatment Basics
- My No-Nonsense Acne Treatment Kits containing all the nonprescription medicines available for acne treatment-you can't find a more complete acne treatment kit anywhere-and I've customized the products based on your skin type!
- My professional strength Glycolic Acid Facial Treatment kit for teenagers with acne who are allergic to salicylic acid or intolerant to benzoyl peroxide
- My acne treatment product combination for teens allergic to salicylic acid: The Glycolic Acid Facial Treatment kit plus OTB SKIN Bacteria Killing Lotion with benzoyl peroxide applied after the Glytone Exfoliating Lotion from the Glycolic Acid Kit.
- My secret weapon (when your acne includes lots of little blackheads with itchy/tender bright red pimples along your hairline and jawline, possibly even red scaly skin along the crease of your nose) is to add Noble Zinc Soap once a day in place of your acne kit soap. This medicated, non-drying, oil-free cleanser kills a yeast germ that causes some types of acne.
- Retin A often works beautifully for acne that includes blackheads and clogged pores. There are tricks to using Retin A successfully and if your doctor has prescribed Retin A for you, and if you're having trouble tolerating it, ask them if my Retin A application instructions might be right for you.
- I explain how you can change your diet to better fight acne.
- I give you all the 'tricks of the trade' for how to unclog your clogged pores just like we skin care professionals do.
- I outline my professional treatment plan for back and chest acne.
- Lastly, I give you an actual medical explanation of why your acne treatment may not be working, and the medical conditions to ask your doctor about, in my post on Common Reasons Why Your Acne Treatment Might Not Be Working