Have you been stuck with the acne versus wrinkle dilemma? This happens in the following scenarios:
- When you use products to treat your acne and your skin gets really dried out, which makes it look more wrinkled and crinkled.
- When you use beauty creams to fight wrinkles and they often contain oils and are designed for "mature" complexions, meaning you end up with clogged pores and pimples.
- Glycolic Acid
- Retinoids and glycolic acid address both acne and aging skin issues beautifully and in concert. It's a perfect dovetail and almost too good to be true - but it's not. Here is how they work the magic:
- Both glycolic acid and retinoids exfoliate to treat microcomedones (incipient blackheads). These products help to fight the first step of the pimple-forming cascade before it gets out of control. (Yay!)
- Both glycolic acid and retinoids stimulate collagen formation and hyaluronic acid production in the skin. This is the first step to reverse wrinkles and restore a dewy, youthful skin tone to aging skin, which is exactly what we want, right?
- As a bonus, both glycolic acid and retinoids also help to even out uneven pigment due to sun damage and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from resolved pimples.