- Avoid embarrassing swimsuit moments with an expertly done bikini or Brazilian waxing
- Free up more time because you can go longer between shaving your legs after you have leg waxing
- Maybe even avoid packing a razor in your roll-aboard luggage when you fly
- Get soft, smooth, and glowing arm skin for that fun little sundress or tank top when you have arm waxing
It’s important that you have your waxing treatment done by a highly trained professional aesthetician. The two key aspects to look for when selecting a spa and/or an aesthetician for the safest summer waxing treatment are 1. the aesthetician's technique and 2. the hygiene practices they use.Expert waxing technique is really important because you want the hair removed quickly and without irritating your skin or hair follicles. There are so many factors that go into this that is why it is best to chose an aesthetician with speed waxing training. At Advanced Skin Care & Dermatology, our aestheticians are speed waxers. Impeccable treatment hygiene makes a huge difference to your waxing results. Take the time to find an aesthetician with the highest standard of hygiene practices. In our spa room at Advanced Skin Care & Dermatology, all of our treatments are done with the highest level of hygiene in the industry. For example, there is never any DOUBLE DIPPING into our wax pots (putting the wax spatula back into the pot after using it to apply wax on the skin - if you ever observe an aesthetician double dipping the wax spatula run because it tells you that their hygiene practices are not good). We also take great pride in keeping our esthetics treatment room medically disinfected and sanitized so that our clients are safe. In fact, many of the tools and equipment used for our facials and skin treatments are surgically sterilized - a much higher level of hygiene than is used in other spas. Besides picking the best spa and aesthetician what can you do to get the best summer waxing results? Danielle, one of our speed waxing pros, recommends that you lightly use manual exfoliation to prepare your treatment site 24-48 hours before your waxing.
- You can use a clean shower sponge or body scrub when you bathe. This will help you achieve a less painful, cleaner, and longer-lasting wax result.
- Never exfoliate the day of your treatment because waxing always causes a slight exfoliation and you want a fine layer of dead skin cells for the wax to bind to. This protects the susceptible tender living cells beneath from waxing “skin lift” that can cause irritation.
- Continue to manually exfoliate after your treatment as the unwanted hair slowly returns; continue a gentle but regular manual exfoliation process to reduce unwanted in grown hairs. This allows the hair to grow up and out of the skin, instead of growing underneath.