Antioxidants And Skin Health Go Together
By now, you’ve heard about antioxidants in skin care and in foods. You’ve also heard that antioxidants support health and:
But, first why?
- You can eat them in the rainbow of plants in which they are abundant; and
- You can apply them on your skin (bypass digestive limits on absorption).
, which is a chemical imbalance between the free radicals that form and your body’s ability to neutralize/detoxify them. It leads to damage that causes:
- Immune dysfunction; and
- Damage to cell membranes, cellular function, cell structures like mitochondria and ribosomes, DNA.
Plus, it's associated with diseases like cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, vitiligo... and the list is growing – including inflammatory skin diseases.
Oxidative stress/free radicals come from:
- Bad diet;
- Disease and illness;
- Lack of sleep;
- Chemicals like pollution and cigarette smoke;
- Thermal extremes (too hot or too cold);
- Not enough exercise; and
- UV exposure.
You body’s free-radical detoxifying system wains with age. It means that free radicals can get the upper hand and damage precious body structures if you are not mindful to maintain a constant supply of antioxidants.
You also need to be careful to balance free-radical-forming stressors with a vitality-protecting antioxidant supply.
I explain why this is important and how to do it in my latest video.
Check it out here...