Dr. Bailey's Most Popular Skin Care and Health Blogs of 2017
What were the top 15 most popular skin care topics for 2017 here at Dr.BaileySkinCare.com?
Did your favorite make the list?
- CAN YOU GET HERPES FROM SHARING MAKEUP, CHAPSTICK OR LIPSTICK?
The herpes virus that causes cold sores is a germ you can potentially ‘catch’ when you share personal items such as makeup. Herpes infection is common. 50-80% of adults in the US are infected with the oral herpes virus. Whether they have an active cold sore or not, the virus resides in their facial tissues and can be shed and spread…
- HOW TO PREVENT WRINKLES – THE FULL STORY
Do you feel you understand how to stop your skin from wrinkling? Do you want to do something more about it right now?
Are those ads with amazing pictures, claiming to be “grandma’s miracle wrinkle remedy” true? How about the fancy name wrinkle reducer creams, endorsed by celebrities? What about those “secrets” that have a photo of the 35-year-old who claims to be 80? (A sampling of what stalks me all over the web).
Should you investigate these ‘ticklers’ or is it all ‘fake news’, like Meryl Streep marrying Robert Redford? Let me lay it all to rest…
- BEST ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE PRODUCT COMBINATION
Pair Sunscreen with Retinol for the 1-2 punch to knock out skin aging!
Retinol is in the vitamin A family. It’s found in food, and is often used as a dietary supplement. There has been much misconceptions and myths about Retinol, including that it and sun cannot go together. This is simply false. In fact, retinol prevents the rise of a pesky little enzyme called collagenase. This enzyme breaks down collagen after UV exposure. While it is true that retinol breaks down in sunlight, if you follow my advice, you can get anti-aging benefits while having great sun protection…
- CAN YOU GET A CHEMICAL BURN FROM ESSENTIAL OILS?
Yes, unfortunately you can. Safe skin care is not really all that simple. As a dermatologist, I’ve seen many patients have mishaps with natural products that seem so wonderful. This is why I am picky; I recommend almost only hypoallergenic products.
I bring this up because of a recent horrible blistering skin ‘burn’ story online…
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CORRECT HYPERPIGMENTATION AND SUN DAMAGE WITH SKIN CARE?
Tips to deal with sun spots, uneven pigment, fine lines and more
It’s time to correct hyperpigmentation and sun damage to your skin. Has summer taken a toll on your complexion?
As your tan fades, do you find more sun spots, uneven pigment and skin texture that’s crepey and dull?
What about fine lines and wrinkles? Are there more than last year?
- GOOD NIGHT TIME SKIN CARE HABITS
Is your skin suffering from your night time skin routine?
If you roll into bed without taking a few simple steps to care for your skin, then your skin is suffering. It certainly is not benefiting from all the hours you sleep.
Dermatologists and skin care professionals break your ‘skin care day’ into two parts: morning and night. That gives products and skin biology approximately 12 hours to ‘work’ to support your best complexion.
In that 24-hour period, bedtime is the best time to focus on therapeutic products that fix skin problems and keep skin healthy. When you are asleep, you can focus your skin care on what your skin needs instead of how you need your skin to look…
- WHAT DOES RETINOL DO FOR YOUR SKIN?
Retinol fights skin aging and pigment problems because it:
- Stops the break down of your skin collagen that happens after UV sun exposure;
- Stimulates skin cells (fibroblasts) to make collagen to reverse wrinkles and skin thinning from sun damage;
- Brightens skin appearance by exfoliating and improving the structure of the dead cell layer on the skin surface;
- Improves epidermal layer thickness and structure in the top, living skin cell layer to improve crepey skin appearance; and
- Normalizes pigment problems in the epidermis to fight uneven skin hyperpigmentation.
Retinol is Vitamin A, and it is in the family of ingredients called retinoids. Retinoids applied to skin have been scientifically-proven to fight wrinkles, uneven hyperpigmentation and dull complexion tone and texture.
In fact, they are some of the best studied ingredients in skin care for these problems…
- DERMATOLOGIST’S NEW NATURAL PRODUCT LINE
In celebration of Earth Day, I’m announcing the release of my new line of skin care products!
Dr. Bailey Skin Care Naturally
Green your skin care by using only the best natural and organic dermatologic botanicals from our Mother Earth. Love her back when you use fewer chemicals in your skin care and household products. Let me help you chose products wisely, so you achieve your skin care goals while you also ‘green’ your skin care routine.
Did you know that the most people in North America use an average of 12 personal care products a day, exposing them to 168 artificial chemicals!
- 5 THINGS WOMEN WITH GREAT SKIN DO DAILY
There are secrets to great skin. In my 30+ years in dermatology, I’ve seen all skin types. I often ask people in-depth questions about their habits. I’ve learned that women with beautiful skin do these 5 things:
- Clean their skin deeply and well, without drying it out.
- Live a life of moderation that supports vitality.
- Shun the sun.
- Moisturize daily.
- Use an anti-aging product that builds collagen, fights damage and uneven pigment...
- DOES PRESCRIPTION SKIN CARE REALLY WORK BETTER?
Sometimes prescription skin care products work better than over-the counter (OTC) skin care products, and sometimes they don’t – it depends.
For example, 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide OTC “drug” will work better for acne than prescription topical antibiotic skin care drugs. That’s because the acne causing bacteria p. acnes is resistant to antibiotics, but still sensitive to benzoyl peroxide…
Be the first to get our latest blogs and learn about popular skin care trends, products and more this year.