Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit™
For acne treatment more really is better when it comes to clearing acne. This Acne Treatment Kit gives you the most effective acne medicines available without a prescription. The medicines are synergistic to clear acne and prevent pimples and acne scars.
Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and glycolic acid skin care products work together to treat acne fast.
This serious skin care kit is a powerful acne treatment to cure acne and prevent acne scars. It hits the "sweet spot" to treat acne without skin irritation. That's because the concentrations of acne treating ingredients are the perfect trifecta - just right to treat acne without undue risk of being harsh for most complexions. This trifecta includes:
- 2.5% benzoyl peroxide which is equally powerful at killing acne causing bacteria as higher concentrations.
- 2% salicylic acid which is the ideal concentration for this oil busting ingredient that helps all other ingredients penetrate pores.
- 2% glycolic acid which gently exfoliates to help brighten your complexion and lighten acne scars.
Most other acne treatment systems fail to use this synergistic ingredient combo or they use alternatives that are much less effective. The Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit includes the right concentrations of the right ingredients making it the best non-prescription acne treatment skin care system available - tough on acne but not your skin.
If you've tried other acne treatment routines without success don't despair. This acne treatment routine is different. Use it to prevent and treat acne on your face, neck, chest and back at any age.
Dermatologist Dr. Cynthia Bailey explains how acne skin care works.
There are many acne treatment products on the market making it difficult to choose. It helps to understand how acne medicines work; in general, they either kill the acne causing germs or unclog pores. Acne cleansers remove oil and dirt and may leave a layer of medication that stays on after washing. Astringents and medicated pads usually remove additional oil and leave behind medicine. Lotions, creams and solutions leave medicine on the skin.
The best acne products and acne medicines made today are a little irritating to most people's skin which is why I have a stronger kit for tolerant/normal skin (Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit, Extra Strength) and this kit for normal/sensitive skin (Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit). The best topical acne medications and products include glycolic acid and salicylic acid (both of which unclog pores), and benzoyl peroxide (which unclogs pores and kills acne causing germs). Salicylic acid is particularly effective at penetrating oily pores. This helps the other ingredients penetrate better too.
For more information about treating acne, please see Acne Treatment/Specific Advice for Your Skin Type.
Commonly Asked Questions About Acne Treatment Products
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit with my other skin care products?
Usually you can. You should always use OIL FREE products on acne prone skin. Oil free moisturizers, sunscreens and makeup may be applied after the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream. Allow the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 2.5%, to dry then apply your products.
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit with topical medicines my doctor has prescribed for my acne?
Usually yes. Ask your prescribing doctor.
What do I do if my skin becomes dry or irritated while I am using the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit?
Give your skin a short break. Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit is strong. If your skin begins to feel dry, stop using the Kit and just wash with a mild soap for a few days. When your skin feels normal again begin using the kit just once a day for several weeks and then increase back to twice a day. If you still develop dry skin, you may be sensitive to one of the ingredients. See DIRECTIONS for trouble shooting advice.
Can I use the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit if I become pregnant?
Possibly but I have to say 'no' because you need to ask your doctor. The ingredients have not been rigorously tested on pregnant women and no one will ever be bold enough to test things on pregnant women.
Can I use a wash cloth, Clarisonic Brush System or Exfoliating Facial Sponge with the cleanser?
Yes. I particularly like Exfoliating Facial Sponges since they help remove loose blackheads from clogged pores. Always make sure anything you wash your skin with is clean and dries between uses since they can harbor germs.
Product Details - This Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit includes:
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser (2% Glycolic acid and 2% Salicylic acid foaming cleanser): Regular use removes oil and treats blackheads.
Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads (medicated pads with 2% Glycolic Acid and 2% Salicylic Acid): Glycolic acid working in combination with salicylic acid works well to loosen blackheads, clear clogged pores, brighten the complexion and lessen acne scars. These medicated pads also lift oil and debris so that all products penetrate skin better.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 2.5% (alcohol and oil free 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream): This is the ideal concentration of benzoyl peroxide to treat acne with minimal risk of skin irritation. Benzoyl peroxide is proven to be the most effective topical acne product for killing the acne-causing bacteria P. acnes (now called C. acnes) because the germ has become resistant to prescription topical antibiotics. It also unclogs pores to treat blackheads.
Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit
Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit can be used to treat acne on all areas of your skin where you have pimples and blackheads including your face, neck, chest and back. Don't just spot treat pimples! Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit prevents new breakouts before they occur, and preventing pimples is how you prevent acne scars!
Twice a day:
Wash with the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, rinse well with warm water and then towel dry. Wash acne-prone skin twice a day with the cleanser or alternate it with another acne fighting cleanser such as Calming Zinc Bar Soap or a gentle cleanser such as Extremely Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser.
Swab the skin with a Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pad and wait several seconds for the medicine to air dry. Finish by applying a very thin layer of the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream. Additional medications, moisturizer, oil-free sunscreen, make-up or other products may be applied after the cream.
Please note, use of products with glycolic acid, salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can irritate the skin. If irritation develops discontinue product use and consult a physician. Additionally, the benzoyl peroxide medicine in the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 2.5%, can and will bleach fabric! Do not apply it under colored clothing and do not wipe it on colored towels. It is also best to sleep with a white pillowcase since it will bleach colored cases as well.
Dermatologist's Tips for Success with Acne Treatment Products
Trouble shooting and other things you should know when using the Ultimate Acne Solutions Skin Care Kit
General recommendations for acne treatment products:
- Always start on the lowest concentration products if you think you may have sensitive skin). It is easier to work your way up in strength than to figure out why your skin has become dry.
- Never apply acne medicines to chapped, injured skin. This includes sunburns, windburns, or after procedures such as face peels, harsh facials, waxing, harsh facial masks etc.
- Some parts of the face may be more sensitive to these acne medicines than others. Use milder products on sensitive areas. For example, the cheek bone and jaw line are sensitive in some people, for others it is the cheek area along the sides of the nose.
- Do not use medicated acne products if you think you may be pregnant without first checking with your physician to be certain they feel the benefits out weight the potential unknown risks; acne products have not and never will be rigorously tested for safety in pregnant women and so we cannot assume that they are safe.
- Glycolic acid acne products can be irritating, but allergy is not typically an issue. If the treated skin becomes dry and scaly, use the products less frequently or use products with lower/milder concentrations of glycolic acid.
How do you know if you are allergic to your acne medicine?
As with all medicine, some people can develop allergic reactions. This can occur to the benzoyl peroxide or the salicylic acid acne medicines. Allergic people develop a dry itchy irritation with redness on the treated skin within several days after applying one of the medicines. The reaction occurs every time they use the medicine. Some dryness with the Kit is normal since the medicines are strong. To determine if dryness is due to allergic reaction or irritation, do the following 'use test':
- Stop using the Kit for several weeks. Wash your face with a mild soap and do not use any harsh products on the skin.
- When your skin feels normal, restart the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser and the Pads (they contain salicylic acid and glycolic acid) If you get dry, itchy and red with these, then you are most likely allergic to salicylic acid (glycolic acid can be irritating but people aren't usually allergic to it). If you are allergic to salicylic acid you may be able to tolerate benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, retinol or green tea acne treatments that do not have salicylic acid in them. Learn more here.
- If you think you may be allergic to the Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream, do a use test with it. As above, let your skin rest several weeks until it feels normal. Then restart the cream. Continue washing with a mild soap and applying the Cream after. If you again develop the dry itchy irritation then you may be allergic to benzoyl peroxide. You can probably tolerate the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser and the Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads. Let your skin rest for several weeks then resume the Cleanser and the Pads. Learn more here.
Treated skin can also become scaly and dry due to irritation from the drying effect of the products. Irritation can occur to these products due to the strong oil removing soaps, the oil removing ingredients in the pads or from the medicines themselves. To test if irritation is the reason your skin is dry and scaly, do the following test:
- Stop using all the medicated products until your skin returns to normal. To do this, use a mild soap to wash and apply a non-oil containing moisturizer.
- Once your skin has returned to normal, use the soap, pads and cream only once every other day, use a mild soap and moisturizer the other times you cleanse. If no dryness develops increase to once a day for all 3 products. If your skin remains free from dryness, you can use the 3 products twice a day IF your skin is not dry. If it ever becomes dry, for any reason, stop using the products until your skin normalizes, then resume again.
- If you are unable to tolerate the products every other day then stop using the pads since they are the most drying. Use the cleanser and cream every other day as above and advance to once a day then twice a day as tolerated. You may be able to tolerate the pads in your tough oily areas of the forehead and around the nose and mid chin. The cheeks and jaw line are often more sensitive.
Product Ingredients: Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser (6.7 oz.): Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG-150 Distearate, Polysorbate-20, Propylene glycol, Purified Water, Red 40 (CI 16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow 5(CI 19140). Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Salicylic and Glycolic Acid Acne Treatment Pads (60 Pads): Ammonium Hydroxide, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Polysorbate-20, Purified Water, Sodium Benzoate. Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment cream 2.5% (2 oz.): Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Stearic Acid. Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%.