Pityrosporum Folliculitis Kit
Get Rid of Face and Body Acne!
My Pityrosporum Folliculitis kit can help prevent 'fungal acne' on both your face and body. This type of acne is more common than you think. It is different than acne vulgaris (common acne), and the treatment needs to take into account the little yeast that plays such a big role in this skin problem.
This kit contains Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, Calming Zinc ™ Soap, Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Acne Treatment Cream, Daily Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin, Sheer Strength Pure Physical Spray SPF 50+ Sunscreen.
If you have Pityrosporum folliculitis on your back, chest and scalp too, you can add my Back Acne Kit which includes Foaming Zinc Cleanser, Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser, and the Salux Shower Cloth.
Kit includes a signature Dr. Bailey Skin Care zip canvas bag.
What is Pityrosporum Folliculitis?
- Pityrosporum folliculitis is a type of acne caused by a skin yeast called Pityrosporum (also called Malassezia). This yeast is normal on your skin, but sometimes it overgrows what’s healthy and causes acne. The C. acnes bacteria that causes regular acne may also play a role with the yeast.
- The pimples and clogged pores occur mostly on the upper trunk in young-to-middle-age adults, along the hairline of the neck and forehead, and along the jaw.
- Skin shows tiny 1-2mm flesh-colored bumps (plugged pores), and bright red pimples and pustules which sometimes itch and hurt.
- Healed lesions often leave small scars and hyperpigmentation.
This normal little skin yeast will raise havoc with your complexion if left on its own.
My proven treatment strategy for treating Pityrosporum folliculitis covers all the important ways to fight this type of acne.
Facial acne treatment products that work for Pityrosporum folliculitis including:
- Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser: Pores are kept clean with just the right amount of salicylic acid and glycolic acid in the Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser when your wash each morning.
- Calming Zinc: Pityrosporum yeast is discouraged when you wash with Calming Zinc Soap every night because it is fortified with a full 2% pyrithione zinc.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream: The acne causing C. acnes (formerly called P. acnes) bacteria that can accompany the Pityrosporum yeast in aggravating this form of acne is treated with benzoyl peroxide in my BP Treatment Cream. You can either spot treat pimples or treat acne-prone areas of your face by applying my BP Cream twice daily.
- Daily Face Cream for Normal to Oily Skin: Your skin stays healthy and free from dryness when you balance skin hydration with oil free Daily Face Cream for Normal to Oily Skin.
Add my Back and Chest Acne Kit with acne fighting products that are tough enough to penetrate thicker back and chest skin – a common place for Pityrosporum folliculitis. These include:
- Foaming Zinc Cleanser is a foaming cleanser that can be used on hairy skin of the scalp and makes a perfect foaming back and chest wash. Medicated with a full 2% pyrithione zinc.
- Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser is medicated with the maximal amount of benzoyl peroxide allowed (10%), which helps to unclog pores and treat the P. acnes germ that can also play a role in Pityrosporum folliculitis along with the yeast.
- Salux Exfoliating Shower Cloth is handy for applying these medicated cleansers to your back and chest. The exfoliating action of the cloth helps the medicated cleansers better penetrate into skin and keep pores open.
Alternate the two cleansers when you shower and rinse off knowing that you’re stepping out of the shower with a therapeutic layer of acne fighting ingredients on your skin to counter the Malassezia yeast, C. acnes and clogged pores that all conspire to cause Pityrosporum acne.
Prevent the hyperpigmented acne ‘scars’ that commonly happen from Pityrosporum folliculitis by sun protecting your skin every day.
The best sunscreen to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmented acne scars from Pityrosporum folliculitis is Sheer Strength Pure Physical Mineral Sunscreen because it is light weight on your skin, oil free and won't clog pores. It will help prevent premature skin aging too such as fine lines and wrinkles along with the hyperpigmented acne marks.
My dermatologist's Pityrosporum Folliculitis Acne Skin Care Kit includes 5 important products to treat fungal acne:
- Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser: Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid combine to help keep pores clean to prevent the small flesh colored bumps and pimples of Pityrosporum folliculitis.
- Calming Zinc Soap: a natural soap fortified with pyrithione zinc, known to discourage the growth of the Malassezia yeast.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream: with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide – the sweet spot in acne treatment – enough to reduce C. acnes, the bacteria that causes common acne and sometimes contributes to 'fungal acne'. The 2.5% is equally effective as higher concentrations at fighting the bacteria but it is less irritating to sensitive skin. This cream is alcohol and oil free too!
- Daily Moisturizing Face Cream: the perfect face moisturizer to keep skin healthy so that it can heal. Oil free and popular with my acne prone patients. Good for all skin types.
- Sheer Strength Pure Physical Spray Sunscreen SPF 50+: the ideal sunscreen for face, neck, back and chest UV protection to prevent the “PIH” uneven skin hyperpigmentation so common from Pityrosporum folliculitis.
Be sure to add my Back Acne Kit if you are also suffering from Pityrosporum folliculitis type of fungal acne on the body.
This second kit includes 3 important products to treat fungal acne on the back, chest and even the scalp:
- Foaming Zinc Cleanser: foaming and oil removing cleanser that delivers the highest level of pyrithione zinc to skin affected by Pityrosporum folliculitis. Use this on the tougher skin of the back and chest. This foaming cleanser is the ideal treatment shampoo for the scalp.
- Foaming Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser: foaming and oil removing cleanser made with a full 10% benzoyl peroxide to penetrate tougher back and chest skin to treat acne.
- Salux Cloth: the perfect way to apply my back and chest acne cleansers while at the same time exfoliating skin to enhance penetration of these powerful and highly effective products.
Non-comedogenic, oil free, hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, made in the USA.
Calming Zinc ® Bar (3.25 oz.)
2% Pyrithione zinc, olive oil infused with calendula, shea butter, oatmeal. (This soap is oil free because all initial oils are saponified and turned into soap by the natural soap making process)
Foaming Acne Treatment Cleanser, 6.7 fl. oz.
2% Glycolic Acid/2% Salicylic Acid Foaming Cleanser. Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycolic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PEG-150 Distearate, Polysorbate-20, Propylene glycol, Purified Water, Red 40 (CI 16035), Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Triethanolamine, Yellow 5 (CI 19140). Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2%.
Daily Moisturizing Face Cream for Oily to Normal Skin™ 1.6 oz.
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Myreth Propionate, Squalane, Polysorbate-60, Dimethicone, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ubiquinone (CoQ-10), Superoxide Dismutase, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Maltodextrin, Beeswax, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid.
Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Treatment Cream 2.5%, 1.5 oz.
Carbomer, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Stearic Acid. Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%. Caution, this strong product can be irritating to skin.
Sheer Strength Pure Physical Spray Sunscreen SPF 50+™ 4 fl oz.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 12%
Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbic Acid, Asorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Emblica Officinals Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Isostearate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Purified Water, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10)